A Prong dog collar is the best for people who want to have fantastic equipment for the dog. But there is a misconception about the prong dog collar in public. Due to its shape, people think it is inhumane with the dogs. But in reality, it’s not like this, and things are different from this. I know some of you don’t know about the prong collars and dog collar size chart for this. But to take things far, it is essential to start with the basics like;
- What is a prong dog collar?
- Types and styles of the prong collars
- What is the best size chart of the prong dog collar?
- Final verdict
What is a prong dog collar?
“It is a professional way to be a dog trainer. In this way, you can see your trainer reflection in the dog.”
It is one of the tools through which the trainer starts to train the dog. However, in simple words, the prong collar is a series of interconnected chains. So, the open ends of these chains connect and end up at the dog’s neck. The main aim of using the prong dog collar is to teach obedience to a dog or walk on a leash. The other name of the prong collar is the “Pinch collar.” The shape of this collar makes it controversial, and people think it is wrong to use this. The real difference that makes it humane or inhumane is the dog collar size chart.
Types and styles of the prong collars
Here are types of the prong dog collar and which dog should wear these;
- Chrome-plated herm Sprenger collar is a cost-effective solution.
- Stainless steel herm Sprenger prong collar (It hold sit shape for a long time and prevent the links from wearing out)
- Curogan herm Sprenger prong is best for the dogs with skin allergies.
- Herm Sprenger neck tech is an active dog prong collar and has fewer chances of failure.
- Micro prong collar uses for the small and large dogs for obedience training. However, it is a trendy and subtle thing with even spread on large dogs.
- Keeper collars hidden prong with snap doesn’t require the backup collar. However, it is perfect for walking your dog. Above all, it prevents the dog from unwanted attention from strangers due to the acceptable design.
But apart from the types, the thing that matters most is the dog collar size chart. So, for a better understanding of the situation, learn the size chart of prong collars.
What is the best size chart of the prong dog collar?
From the above conversation, you have assessed that the prong collar’s shape and size is the biggest problem. So, the form of the prong collar doesn’t matter. The thing that matters most is how to take the dog collar size chart. Most people make the mistake of choosing the wrong size and then use it on the lower neck. But this method isn’t right and ineffective. So, there are following sizes come in the prong collar;
- Small (2.0 mm)
- Medium (3.0 mm)
- And large (You can customize according to the dog size)
You can use these sizes according to the extent of your dog. But the most popular dog collar size chart comes in mm. However, the small size is known as the intense, more substantial action in any size dog. But the medium one is famous as the mild correction for any dog. According to the experts’ opinion, you should not use the 3.0 mm size because it is too big. Due to the extra-large size, it is not effective in the training because the links are too large. However, apart from this, the prong dog collar comes in these sizes as well;
- 2.25 mm for small dogs who are taking the obedience training
- 3.2 mm for medium to large dogs who have a thicker coat
- 4.0 mm for hefty dogs, and it is only suitable for the giant breed.
Still, it is essential to talk to the certified dog trainer to choose a piece for your dog’s neck. It is not good to select the prong dog collar without taking professional opinion.
After reading the above writing, now you know the prong collars. So, it uses to control the negative behaviors of the dog by showing authority through prongs. So, people don’t use prong collars permanently; instead, they use for the gentle pinch for wrongdoings. So, it’s not wrong to use these; instead, you should focus on the dog collar size chart.